It’s common sense to have a smoke alarm fitted in your home, usually two or three are fitted nowadays to most homes and it goes without saying. It won’t be the smoke that can cause tragic ending of life, but the smoke. If you are asleep you won’t even know about it as it takes seconds!
There are many things you can do in addition to fitting a smoke alarm:
- Make sure cigarettes are stubbed out properly and don’t lie down while smoking incase you fall asleep.
- Ensure your electrical cabling is all tested regularly and sockets. You can contact us about this as well
- Check the Gas system in your home.
- Check for overloaded breakers
- Flickering Lights in the house? Get it checked out by a professional.
- Check all air conditioning units and get them regularly serviced.
- Check your oven, grease build up is a major cause.
- Never store flammable liquids near ignition substances
- At Christmas, be careful with illuminated decorations.